Lake Charles College Prep
Lake Charles College Prep is a tuition-free public charter school educating students in grades 9-12 who reside in Calcasieu, Cameron, Jeff Davis, Allen and Beauregard parishes. For the 2017-2018 school year, Lake Charles College Prep will offer classes for students in 9th-12th grade. Lake Charles College Prep is governed by the Southwest Louisiana Charter Academy Foundation, Inc. and a member of the Charter Schools USA (CSUSA) family of schools.
We are the Trailblazers!
A Trailblazer will be the mascot for the new Lake Charles College Prep. Trailblazers clear a path for others to follow. Trailblazers go where no one else has gone. As the first new public high school to open in the area in 43 years, the students, parents, and staff truly are TRAILBLAZERS.
Red [courage, passion], Gold [success, wealth], and Silver [light, illumination] have been chosen as school colors.
Programs & Services
Lake Charles College Prep provides students with the necessary tools and skills needed to develop superior levels of achievement. We strive for academic, social and physical excellence by providing a quality and challenging curriculum. We promote positive moral and social values, foster an atmosphere of self-discipline in a safe learning environment, and maximize individual productivity to meet the needs of a changing global society. Lake Charles College Prep students will be able to maximize their potential for successfully actualizing their goals with confidence and intrinsic motivation, thereby enabling each student to become a lifelong learner and strong functional contributor to their local community as well as their global community.
Advantages Lake Charles College Prep
- Provides a school choice option in the Lake Charles area
- Active and Meaningful Parental Involvement
- School Uniforms
- Local Governance
- Personalized Learning Plans for ALL students
- Research-based Instructional Strategies
- Foreign Language in all grade levels
- Arts, Music and Enrichment Activities in all grade levels
- Student Information System that creates effective and consistent communication between school, parents, and the district and the detailed data drives instruction
- Continuous Performance Monitoring Measurement
- Provides innovative academic and enrichment programming that includes:
- Integrated Character Education Program across the curriculum
- Developed Communities of Character framework that integrates partnerships and hands-on learning experiences for students with local/community parents, government, businesses and organizations